The Rising Accountant & Analyst Program (RAAP) is the precursor organization to Beta Alpha Psi (BAP). RAAP leverages the BAP meeting calendar for exposure to key professional topics and does not host separate meetings outside of a one-time orientation.
If you are an informed and proactive accounting student, but do not meet the coursework requirement for BAP, you should consider joining RAAP. RAAP members are invited to attend all Beta Alpha Psi professional meetings, but have fewer requirements than BAP candidates (and no service component).
RAAP Member Requirements (per semester):
- Attend Meet the Firms,
- Attend one BAP meeting, and
- Participate in the RISE Mentorship Program.
RAAP Applicant Criteria:
- Must be freshmen and sophomores who are declared accounting majors, or are considering accounting as a major.
- May be enrolled in Principles of Financial Accounting; however, applicants who have completed Principles of Financial Accounting at Auburn University are ineligible for RAAP and should apply for membership into Beta Alpha Psi.
- Must have a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA (ungapped).
RAAP membership does not extend beyond the semester in which the candidate joins (i.e. student must re-join each semester assuming eligibility). Application details will be emailed to all pre-business and declared accounting students. Spring applications become available in mid-December and Fall applications become available in mid-July. If you do not receive a personalized application link via email by the beginning of the fall or spring semesters, email Faculty Advisor Colby Lakas (firstname.lastname@example.org) to request one.