Tips for Making Your BAP Presentation Successful
- Avoid “Death by PowerPoint” – integrate media, audience participation, and anecdotal examples to keep it interesting. Students sit in lectures all day for school, so engage them!
- Although meetings last one hour, housekeeping items at the beginning can cut your time down to 50 minutes. Keep presentations to 30-40 minutes in length to allow time for Q&A at the end. We aim for all meetings to last at least 50 minutes total so we can report them for national BAP purposes.
- Dedicate 5-10 minutes to discussing your firm, its structure, and what you have to offer AU students.
- Bring a good representation of your firm/company with you (i.e. staff through partner across service areas or geography) and allow multiple speakers during your presentation to keep things dynamic.
- Host a social event before or after your event to capitalize on your trip to campus. This should be coordinated through Colby Lakas, and can target specific individuals or the entire chapter. Click here to view available dates and times
- Promotional items can be a great way to encourage audience questions, or reward their meeting attendance.
- Going virtual with your presentation? Auburn University uses Zoom and that is our preferred platform for presenters who are unable to join us in person. Click here for some best practices surrounding virtual presentations.