Beta Alpha Psi is an international honorary and service organization for accounting students and professionals. Since 1978, the Epsilon Omicron chapter has been committed to developing student members that can make an effective transition into the accounting profession. Chapter activities are planned to accomplish the following goals:
- Help students build their professional skills.
- Foster interest in current career topics by connecting academic preparation with the practice of accounting.
- Provide an avenue for students to build relationships with accounting professionals.
- Instill a lifelong commitment to service.
Because of its commitment to the goals above, the chapter is recognized nationally as a Superior Chapter.
Our professional meetings, service activities, socials and recruiting fairs all provide opportunities for members to develop relationships with prospective employers. Most employers target Beta Alpha Psi members exclusively for the recruiting process because student members likely exceed their minimum hiring requirements.
- Professional meetings (with employer guest speakers) are held Tuesdays from 6:00 – 7:00 PM during the fall and spring semesters. Attendance is required for members and candidates.
- Applications are accepted at the beginning of the fall and spring semesters. Links will be emailed to students one month before the deadline. If you do not receive an application via email, and are qualified for membership, please email Colby Lakas (firstname.lastname@example.org) to request an application link.
- Applicants must have completed Intermediate Accounting I and have a minimum 3.0 overall, accounting, and upper level GPA to be eligible for membership. Accepted candidates are notified the day of the application deadline.
- Applications are due by Friday, January 12th, at 8:00 AM.
Haven’t completed Intermediate Accounting I, but interested in an accounting career?
Beta Alpha Psi is recognized and respected by the business community as a premier collegiate organization. The reputation of Beta Alpha Psi can open doors to outstanding career opportunities in Accounting. Potential employers know that when they see Beta Alpha Psi on a resume, they are getting the best!
Beta Alpha Psi
The emblem of Beta Alpha Psi denotes the promise of careers for financial information professionals. The rising sun signifies these professional positions as rising ever higher among economic activities. The crossed keys symbolize knowledge as a means of opening the doors of the financial world. The letters Beta, Alpha, and Psi denote scholarship, social responsibility, and practicality, respectively.